OnCall Alternative Church
Are you following God’s calling on your life? Many believers today go to church, but lack the opportunity to grow in their walk with the Lord in real, meaningful ways. This is largely because people attending church today, along with their leaders, have strayed from its most basic scriptural definition. Many bible words have lost their meaning through lack of cultural use or bad religious use. “Church” is actually a bad word! What we mean by that, is that it should be translated, “the call”, in english as a description of what we are doing – coming together, out into the public, to encourage others to follow the Jesus we know and serve…and grow in this ever-increasing kind relationship with Him and each other. This is what the Bible means for us to do.
“OnCall” is an alternative digital church experience that focuses on helping believers actually “be the Church”.
Much of modern western Christianity has lost its meaning and is quickly being replaced by other religious belief systems because its membership has adopted a “go to church” mentality. The all too common result is that vast numbers of true believers in Jesus cannot even find churches centered on Him! Since He said it would be like this in the last days, we have to find ways to break the bad mold we find ourselves stuck in today. Our piece of the solution is to create a regular forum where real believers can learn to follow God’s call, find each other and form new unions around His Spirit, His Word and His Body.
Of course, there are still churches meeting in buildings which do this well but they are far outnumbered by the ones who don’t.
We bring this real kind of ‘church’ TO YOU to help you in four ways:
- We will seek to model a better definition of “church” by exposing you to the biblical truths of all kinds, but with an aim to keep working together in Christ. We each have a personal relationship with the Lord as well as specific God-given gifts and talents but the higher call is when we combine what he has given us individually with “the power of 2 or 3”, as stated in Matthew 18:19-20.
- To supplement what you may not be receiving in your own home church simply because it is not available there. We can help you be a bigger part of helping your church’s vision come to pass, by connecting you with others who are growing in the Lord.
- To give those without a viable local church option a place to fellowship and receive the training we all need to follow God’s call for our lives. We meet in an online livestream setting weekly and through other web-based audio and video material, help people find and follow Jesus.
- To develop a core of Christians committed to seeing the Church be what the Bible says it is built for. So many traditions have turned the modern church into a man-made, synthetic version of its real self! With us you have a way of proactively resisting the temptation to settle for what everyone else is doing.
We realize we are limited by our physical separation and cannot do everything we envision in an online format. What we can do is start and continue the conversation! Let’s believe for God’s best in these troubled times, when it comes to being His Temple on earth. Out of our faithfulness to fellowship around this higher call, He can build the next generation of world-changers.
It is my way of giving something back to those who support the heavenly vision I carry in my travels to promote His presence, purpose and power among believers dedicated to ‘being’ the Body of Christ. Together we can make a difference by acting on what the Word of God says church really is and standing for what Jesus is building instead of endlessly attending church services.
I believe there are four basic ways we can help you get the most out of your Christian experience:
- Join our prayer network and make the “PrayUSA” intercessory prayer part of your weekly church life. Let us help you catch the spirit of prayer and jumpstart your own desire to spend more time both ministering to the Lord and availing yourself to the leading of His Spirit for others. Our prayer line is open every weekday morning from 6 to 7am EST. Simply call (563) 999-2090 and dial the access code, 155755 to join those leading the prayer gathering.
- Listen to our weekly OnCall program to hear solid, contextual Bible preaching and teaching while also interacting with our live chat to make comments or ask questions. You can also be exposed to all five of the types of ministries Paul said God uses to build the church in Ephesians 4. You need more than just a Pastor. There are also Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, and Teachers assigned to train us and build us into the real church. All five of these types of people will be our guests on the program, to keep us in touch with the Lord’s diversity, inspiration and motivation. We help bring the best of them to you on a regular basis.
- Interact with other partners within our network to build relationships with believers and ministries that put the same importance on ‘being the church’ that you will come to require. Local fellowship grows stronger when connections are also made with what Christ’s Body is doing globally.
- Purposefully engage other believers in your area by inviting them to do these things with you, either in homes or churches, around times of food and fun where you live. We aim to help build believers, local churches and new works for the Lord. We will not act unethically toward existing churches but will challenge their members and ministers to put God first in the area of how church is being done.
Finally, these are the things the first believers in Jesus did spontaneously and automatically. Check Acts 2:42 to find how these things developed into an unstoppable, heavenly organized, free-flowing spiritual force as the Church grew in strength and power. We believe Jesus, as the Head of operations, is still building a Church the gates of hell cannot prevail against (Matthew 16:18) and He is intent on using you and me to do it.
This is also one way to reverse the increased distractions in our daily lives caused by expanding technology. We may not always have the chance to use technology for the Kingdom of God in this way, so let’s work together while we do! What benefits you through your association with OnCall will only multiply the benefits of the Lord for many others out in the ‘real world.’ Join the movement to take the church back today!